I'm fortunate enough to be asked to host panels or speak at events, covering anything from technical subjects to wider topics such as mental health. I also host and run the Hey! events, the All Day Hey! and All Day Hey! Live conferences and co-host a podcast called Off Script with my friend James.
No upcoming events.
Invite me to speak.
- All Day Hey! 2022 (5th May, 2022)
- Off Script #15: Over-engineering (17th March, 2022)
- Off Script #14: What is the metaverse? (21st December, 2021)
- Off Script #13: 2021 developer round-up (28th January, 2022)
- Off Script #12: Productivity & Mental Health (29th November, 2021)
- Off Script #11: Leadership (8th November, 2021)
- Off Script #10: Software Estimation (20th October, 2021)
- Off Script #09: Application Performance (8th October, 2021)
- Off Script #08: Web Application Security (22nd September, 2021)
- The Official CIO Summit 2021: IT Confronts Climate Change (14th September, 2021)
- Off Script #07: Career Progression (28th July, 2021)
- All Day Hey! Live 2021 (6th May, 2021)
- Hey! Live: Why The Cyber Security Industry Needs to Hire More Anthropologists (18th March, 2021)
- Hey! Live: Empathy at work with (10th November, 2020)
- Hey! Live: Using the web for social good (2nd July, 2020)
- All Day Hey! Live 2020 (7th May, 2020)
- Off Script #02: Running a conference (17th March, 2020)
- Off Script #01: Wasn't The Web Better 10 Years Ago (9th December, 2019)
- Glug Leeds #20: Total Recall (26th November, 2019)
- An evening with Helen Sharman: Britain's First Astronaut (30th August, 2019)
- She Does Hey! (22nd August, 2019)
- All Day Hey! 2019 (3rd May, 2019)
- Leeds Indie Food Launch (8th April, 2019)
- All Day Hey! 2018 (30th April, 2018)
- The Future of Digital Marketing panel (24th April, 2018)
- Leeds Indie Food Launch (10th April, 2018)
- Independent Food and Drink Academy forum (5th September, 2017)
- Independent Food and Drink Academy forum (25th April, 2017)
- All Day Hey! 2017 (24th April, 2017)
- Leeds Indie Food Launch (11th April, 2017)
- Glug Leeds #5: The Rise of the Programmer (28th April, 2016)
- Leeds Indie Food Launch (12th April, 2016)
- Process Management with Foreman (8th October, 2014)
- Hey! Refreshed (22nd July, 2014)
- Hey! Launch (4th June, 2013)
Josh is a Software Consultant with over 15 years of experience working on the web. He works with clients to build better software by improving engineering culture through things like mentoring and workshops. He's comfortable running entire software teams as a Head of Engineering, through to working as a Software Engineer to deliver massive projects in the best way possible.
Working with people in this way pushed him to start the Hey! Presents events and the All Day Hey! conference. These events are designed to empower and educate people, not just about technology but essential topics like defining culture and how to look after your mental health, issues often overlooked in an industry that's moving at a thousand miles an hour.