Mis/disinformation (using AI).
Logically is on a mission to reduce the harms associated with mis- and disinformation
Reporting to the CEO, I worked as the VP of Engineering for Logically during their start-up/scale-up phase. Following a Series A round, I joined the company to help transform and mature its engineering offering to deliver a world-class platform that combines advanced artificial intelligence with human expertise to tackle harmful and problematic online content at scale.
This work covered the technical re-architecture of the core systems, including the ingestion and analysis platforms, as well as their primary SAAS offering named Logically Intelligence. This platform was used by clients in the government and defence space alongside those in the private sector. My expertise helped define the strategy to align engineering teams across the UK and India and create a delivery function that would provide consistent, measurable and reliable delivery of their SAAS products.
I only had the chance to work with Josh for a relatively short amount of time, but in that time he showed that he was a visionary leader who empowered people to affect change.
The way Josh articulated his vision for the company and his style of leadership were a significant reason for me joining Logically. He was able to set out clear objectives for technology and then he’d back his team to implement them, giving guidance and support where needed but also autonomy.
Josh was able to identify which areas of the business required structural changes or new talent, and was never afraid to implement the changes required. I would love the opportunity to work with Josh again in the future, as I’m sure would the rest of his team.
Will Marshall, Engineering Manager at Logically
- Worked with the CEO to help shape how technology within Logically operated as a function by defining key communication channels, setting expectations with business stakeholders, and working to promote the technology and culture we were building
- Supported fundraising and due diligence over a series of rounds, often running third parties through the system topologies, technical reasoning for system design, the technical roadmap for the next few years and organisation structure and storytelling of the journey so far
- Sat on the ethics committee to ensure the business and products remained responsible and compliant with our obligation to citizens, our client base and employees
- Worked with the engineering team to define an architecture that would allow the platform and SAAS products to evolve in line with business and client needs
- Defined a strategy to grow and mature the team into a world-class software delivery team, including technical pillars to anchor team OKRs to, as well as an organisational structure that would deliver value to critical areas of the business
- Led a culture transformation to support a remote-first approach to working. Combining better communication technologies (such as Slack and Confluence) with more transparent documentation and processes to ensure we worked as efficiently as possible across multiple territories
- Defined a support model for out-of-hours support on all production SAAS products across multiple territories